The overall goal of the work package is to establish the Centre of Excellence (CoE) in the Institute of Geography and Spatial Management (IGSM), capable to engage internationally in collaboration on HES. The work package addresses the following specific objectives:
- training of IGSM administrative staff in knowledge / project management and outreach, specifically addressing capacities and complexities of Horizon Europe programme, through staff exchange or research visits in the institutions within the consortium;
- establishing a formal framework in IGSM (UJ), combining established research teams and its early stage researchers and post-doctoral researchers, as well as experienced advisors from the project partners, into an interdisciplinary research unit within IGSM, being a core of the planned CoE;
- establishing a project / knowledge management and outreach unit (PMOU) at IGSM, an integral part of the CoE;
- building and expanding research - and stakeholder-oriented networks of the future CoE, through active dissemination and outreach and networking activities involving the beneficiary and project partners;
- integrating CoE with doctoral programmes run at IGSM, and preparing a long-term framework for joint PhD programmes within, and beyond the consortium, providing opportunities for developing T-shaped skills, that is a broad understanding of human-environemntal systems issues with in-depth specialisation in one field;
- preparing a framework for research-oriented MSc programme in English language, attracting ambitious international students and increasing involvement of students in research projects, in order to attract future science-oriented students and ensuring prospective candidates for PhD programmes.